I get asked this a lot: “I haven’t done Pilates before. How can I start?”
Well, although Pilates one-on-one is the most effective and best way to kickstart a Pilates practice, if your body is one that does not require visits to a medical or healthcare professional, chances are you can start with our Pilates group classes – the BodyTree Signature Classes.
The BodyTree Signature Class package is specially designed to highlight the benefits of Pilates from different perspectives. It is also one of a kind. Here’s why:
1. UNIQUE & COMPLEMENTARY CLASS MIX
Consists of not one, but FIVE different and complementary class types : Pilates Matwork, Fletcher Fusion, Spine Corrector, Roller / Ball and Stretch & Release. Click here for a description of each class type.
2. NOT YOUR USUAL “NON-PILATES EQUIPMENT” CLASS PACKAGE
At most Pilates studios, “non-Pilates equipment” class packages consist of Pilates Matwork only. The BodyTree Signature Package is unique because we include:
– Spine Corrector: Along with the more “famous” Reformer, Spine Corrector is a Pilates equipment in its own right. At Pilates BodyTree, we not only practice the Pilates Matwork Series on the Spine Corrector, we also progress students to complex pieces taught to us by Ron Fletcher like “Circumvolution”, “Horseback”, “Strip Teaser” and “Diagonal Rib Roll” which demand strength, flexibility, control and coordination.
– Fletcher Fusion: Fletcher Fusion a combination of 3 Fletcher techniques (Fletcher Barrework, Fletcher Towelwork and Fletcher Floorwork) created and developed by Ron Fletcher, based on his studies with Joseph and Clara Pilates and “mother” of modern dance, Martha Graham. These 3 techniques have proven to be highly effective to learn Pilates for Beginners.
3. LEARN HOW TO PRACTICE PILATES ANYWHERE!
All 5 types of BodyTree Signature classes use Pilates props that are “portable” like the Pilates Mat, Fletcher Braided Towel, Magic Circle and Rollers etc, all of which can be placed at home and even carried with you when you travel since they are light and do not take up much space at all. Even a Spine Corrector measure 44cm x 74cm x 34cm only.
4. IT’S NOT A NUMBERS GAME
The BodyTree Signature Package is a pack of 30 classes. The number 30 is not a random figure, but inspired by Joseph Pilates’ famous quote: “In 10 sessions you will feel the difference, in 20 sessions you will see the difference, and in 30 you will have a new body.”
Positive, long-lasting changes are often achieved through consistent and regular practice. For best results, we recommend three times a week. Otherwise, “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can!”
5. FULLY QUALIFIED PILATES TEACHERS
Each BodyTree Signature Pilates teacher is schooled in the Fletcher Pilates Comprehensive Program – a professional Pilates teacher training program.
In addition to Pilates Matwork, Fletcher Barrework, Fletcher Towelwork, Fletcher Floorwork, Magic Circle and Spine Corrector that are taught in BodyTree Signature classes, each teacher has also studied to teach all other Pilates equipment including Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chair, High Barrel and Ped-i-Pul. This in-depth and well-rounded study gives the teacher a holistic approach to teaching a BodyTree Signature class and Pilates for Beginners.
For more information, call +65 6225 7905 or contact us here.