● National University of Singapore, B.A (Phil/Psych)
● Moving Arts Scholars’ Dancer (2011-2012)
● Advanced One Ballet Certification (Royal Academy of Dance, UK)
● Xtend Barre™ Certified Instructor
● Progressive Ballet Technique registered Teacher
● BTA Movement Anatomy™ (Biomechanics and Pathologies)
● BodyTree Academy (BTA) Certified Comprehensive Pilates Teacher
● EBFA Barefoot Training Specialist® Level 1
● BARE® Workout Instructor
● PBT Admin Team
● BodyTree Ballet Teacher
“Nothing is more revealing than movement.” – Martha Graham
As a child, Tabitha has always loved how music and rhythm can inspire movement. Starting at the age of 8 in Jazz, followed by Chinese, modern and contemporary style dances, she finally began her ballet journey at a late age of 18.
Her affinity for ballet landed her to a place in Raw Moves’ pre professional scholars’ programme and was trained under the guidance of Mr Ricky Sim and Mr Ng Kin Wee. Tabitha was also training under NUS’s dance group, Synergy. However the rigours of training and rehearsals led to injury after injury, which forced her to place her dancing days on hold.
In spite of this set back, Tabitha was determined to dance again. A chance opportunity led her on a path of rehabilitation with pilates. Through her rehabilitation, she developed an appreciation for mindful movement with a mobile body and now believes that through mindful movements one will achieve the greatest freedom to move. Now as a Pilates instructor, she is passionate about working with both dancers and non-dancers to realise their movement potential, and discover the joys of having the freedom to move.