●Bachelor of Arts (Journalism & Mass Comm)
●BTA Movement Anatomy™ (Biomechanics and Pathologies)
● BodyTree Academy (BTA) Certified Comprehensive Pilates Teacher
● EBFA Barefoot Training Specialist® Level 1
● BARE® Workout Instructor
● Pelvic Floor and Core Foundations (Burrell Education)
● Women’s Wellness and Whole Body Vibration (Burrell Education)
● Understanding Acute & Chronic Lumbar and Pelvic Girdle Pain (Dr. Andre Vleeming)
● PBT Admin & Marketing Team
Vera believes that with the right push, everyone can learn to be independent when it comes to taking charge of their own fitness journey. Her ambition for her students is that they never stop learning with purpose, so as to experience enduring change in their movement.
She has worked with students with pain, and believes that the first step for anyone with injury is to get out of pain, by working on corrective movement and resolving muscular imbalances in order to create movement confidence.
Attracted to the control and enhanced awareness that Pilates instilled in her own body, Vera has since become more confident and adventurous in her choice of activities like rock climbing, salsa, longboarding and even boxing. She hopes to add Wing Chun to this list next!
She is excited to help people move fearlessly, and she will no doubt be using her knowledge of the human body in motion to help her students, whether to get out of pain or to become fitter and stronger.